Mammoth Villagefest is a charity event. A percentage of profits from our 2019 event will be used to establish a Mammoth Jazz Music Scholarship in memory of Elliott Thompson (a long time Mammoth Lakes resident and music supporter.) This scholarship will be awarded to a Mammoth High School graduating senior who will be pursuing higher eduction in music.
Here are a few past recipients of our donations:
• Mono Council for the Arts – Their mission is to promote appreciation of the arts and encourage local creative talent through education
• Mammoth Lakes Foundation – The purpose of the Mammoth Lakes Foundation is to support higher education and cultural enrichment in the Eastern Sierra.
• Volcom Brothers Skatepark – Built in honor of Jeff Anderson.
• Eastside K-9 Avalanche Dogs – Eastside K-9 is a 501c3 not for profit organization that was formed in 2004 to provide avalanche rescue dogs in case of person(s) buried in an avalanche. Eastside K-9 also provides backcountry safety education on the dangers of traveling in avalanche terrain.
• Stand By Me Mentor Program – For more information, please call: 760.934.5533.
• Geothermal Institute of Research, Education, and Outreach – The mission is to educate the general public about the viability and value of geothermal heat as an energy source, and to establish a “living laboratory,” heated by geothermal sources, for the study of agriculture and other applications in a high altitude environment.